Moving home is one of the most stressful events most people put themselves through.et there’s a lot you can do to make things easier.It might surprise you how much planning needs to be done in advance.You have to notify every organisation of your new address.
Water supplier 2. Gas supplier 3. Electricity supplier.
Banks 2. Credit card companies 3. Your emloyer( if you have one).
- Hospitals 2. Dental clinics.
- DVLA 2. Breakdown recovery company.
Friends and relatives 2. Milk delivery 3. Newsagent.
Few weeks before your move:
You have to hire a professional removals.Get at least five moving quotes before deciding which one to use 2. Make a list of your possessions so you can check if you’ve left anything behind.
- Distance of you move 2. The amount of furniture you are moving.
Most movers, especially the do-it-yourself kind, are so happy to finally arrive in their new home that they don’t even mind that the dinner plates are chipped, there’s a scratch on the coffee table or their favorite lampshade is bruised and battered.With a little care and planning, and these moving packing tips, you and your stuff will both arrive in mint condition:
- Before you start packing, select the range of packing supplies that you will need to make the job easier.
You will need protective wrap for your delicate belongings, bubble wrap is the ideal way to protect your electrical items such as T.V and Stereo, or particularly delicate items such as crystal.
- Each time you pack a box, use your marker pen to label where they are to be unloaded and also write the contents on the side.Always stack plates upright on their sides, making sure you wrap them individually in tissue and clearly mark “Fragile” on the outside of cartons.
- Keep boxes to 40 lbs or less. Put heavy items in small boxes and light items in big boxes.
- if you have big dining table, remove legs, pad and tie together. Put nuts and bolts in a bag and tape under tabletop.
- Empty, defrost and drain the big appliances ( fridge, washing machine). Read more here on office removalists and furniture removalists.
On the moving day:
- Record all utility meter readings (gas, electric, water).
- Stay with moving van driver to oversee inventory of goods.
- Give moving van driver directions to new home and numbers where you can be reached prior to delivery.
- Review carefully and sign bill of lading and inventory, and keep your copy in a safe place until all charges have been paid and all claims (if any) have been settled.
- Make final walk-through of house, including cellar, attic, cupboards and wardrobes, to make sure they are empty.
- Lock all doors and windows, and drop off keys with Estate Agent or new owner.
You have to hire a professional removals. Get at least five moving quotes before deciding which one to use 2. Make a list of your possessions so you can check if you’ve left anything behind 3. Distance of you move 2. The amount of furniture you are moving 3. On which floor is you current home and on which floor is the new one.